Pages

Sunday, February 8, 2015

Surprise Surprise

Anyone that knows me well, knows that there is no better way to brighten my day than with a surprise. But it isn't just any type of surprise. It is a surprise that comes with a stamp, snail mail. I check my mailbox daily and many times it is empty, but the days that I have something waiting for me I get super excited. Snail mail for me is a way someone is showing that they care about me. They took the time to sit down, put pen to paper, and then go all the way to the post office to send me a letter. To me you can’t replace that kind of effort with technology. Sure a text is great, but let’s face it I’m the worst text responder in the history of texting, and when if I do respond it could be hours later. I used to love getting mail back home too. I look forward to the creative birthday cards my family sends me, and you would think it was Christmas morning with how excited I am to open them. But I feel like now that I am in college there is an even bigger excitement with snail mail. I don’t get to talk to friends and family as often as I would like, so receiving a letter makes me feel a little less love-sick (Sorta like home sick, but not.) I don’t think I am the only one that feels this way either, many of my friends love to receive mail, even if they live 10 minutes away. So don’t think our generation is too consumed by technology, even us Apple obsessed still appreciate a letter.

If anyone would like to send me mail:
1365 Cleveland St.

Fayetteville, AR 72701
e